What Are Dermal Fillers?
The dermal fillers we offer at Gentle Wellness Center comprise of a hyaluronic acid (HA) based gel. Dermal fillers or botox in Fairfax, VA can improve the appearance of facial lines and volume loss that is caused by age or certain medical conditions, it can also define and enhance elements of your face. It can
increase hydration, provide volume, as well as stimulate collagen production. It is most commonly used for lip enhancement or augmentation, but dermal fillers can be injected in other areas such as the cheeks, chin, jawline, and nasolabial folds.
How Long Do Results Last?
Results can be immediate and can last from 6-18 months depending on the dermal filler used and each individuals aesthetic goals. Correction is temporary; therefore, touch-up injections, as well as repeat injections, are usually needed to maintain optimal corrections.
What Should I Expect Before My Treatment?
• For 48 hours before your treatment avoid drinking alcohol, taking aspirin, or NSAIDs (Aleve, Motrin, Ibuprofen) to minimize bleeding and bruising during the treatment.
• The day of your treatment come with a clean face free of heavy makeup.
• It is not mandatory, but we recommend taking Arnica Montana Pills 2-3 days prior to injections to help minimize swelling and bruising.
• For 24 hours avoid strenuous exercise, extensive sun or heat exposure, and alcoholic beverages. Exposure to any of the above may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection sites.
• Swelling and discomfort are common, applying an icepack to the area can mitigate the swelling.
• Report any redness and/or visible swelling that lasts for more than a few days or any other symptoms that cause you concern.
• Bruises commonly occur after receiving filler injections. They usually resolve within three to seven days, and you can gently apply makeup over them. Continue to avoid alcohol until resolved.
• FOR THE NEXT 2 WEEKS. Avoid facials, vigorous scrubbing, deep massaging or aggressive exfoliating in the area treated.
For more information on dermal filler or botox in Fairfax, VA, give us a call or send us a message here.